What does that mean? It means the full slate of nominees has been announced, including the eight books nominated by readers.
UPDATE: You have until 3/16/2014 at 12:00pm/noon ET to enter your picks!
How do you do that?
Easy! You can follow the instructions step by step at the DABWAHA site. The essential steps to enter your bracket:
- Click on “New” and enter your nickname. Only the Nickname will show up publicly. NOTE!!! If you played last year, you’ll have to start from scratch.
- Click on the title of the book you will think will win each match until you have only one book left as your Champion. Note: you are not only trying to predict which book will win, but also which author/fandom/community can best gather votes to back their favorites. Yes, it’s tricky. That’s why it’s fun.The tie breaker is the number of reader nominations we received. Hint: it is under 1000. Another hint: it is higher than 2.
- When you hit submit, you’ll go back to the DABWAHA page – do NOT be alarmed! Also: your entries will not show up immediately. They have to be manually uploaded in batches, so they don’t show immediately. If you don’t see yours within a few hours, please email Jane.
Important note for visually impaired readers: if you’re using a screen reader and having problems with the bracket selection page, please email Sarah and sh can help you complete your bracket. She can do over the phone, or can coordinate a time via Skype, but we want you to be able to participate. Don’t be shy! She’s very friendly and promises not to bite!
What’s the point of all this?
Fun! Mayhem! The newfound knowledge of connecting your wireless device to all the free WiFi in a three mile radius so you can vote repeatedly!
Also, there’s prizes. OH YES. The prizes have been posted. We have a ton of awesome prizes donated by many splendid individuals including reading devices, gift cards, books, and chocolate. Plus, there are prizes for middle of the road brackets, the worst bracket and for winners of each round. Just by picking a bracket, you’re entered in the tournament.
So what do we do now?
Right now: pick your bracket. Have a look at the books, and ask yourself, What awesome book in each category is most likely to win each round? Then, once you’ve picked your bracket, we begin voting.
Yup. The winner of each round is determined by reader voting. Polls open, and voting commences! There’s vote mongering, trash talking, and compliment wars on all forms of social media during the DABWAHA, too, so there’s a lot of goofy fun to be had.
Here are the Important Links:
- Where to Vote: http://dabwaha.com.
- Where to fill out your bracket: Pick Sheet.
- The Schedule for the 2016 Tournament – mark your calendars!